Baked Macaroni & Cheese (Weight Watchers)
★★★★★ 2 votes5
2 Tbsplight butter
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1 tspdry mustard
2 1/2 cskim milk
2 cshredded low-fat cheddar cheese
8 ozwhole wheat elbow macaroni
1 slicesara lee diet wheat bread
How to Make Baked Macaroni & Cheese (Weight Watchers)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine. While whisking, add the flour, salt, and dry mustard to the margarine. Add the milk and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens a little. Do not boil the milk. Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and continue to cook until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni as directed on the package; drain well, but do not rinse.
- Toss the macaroni with the cheese sauce, coating well; transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Toast the slice of bread until it is lightly browned and thoroughly dry. Crumble into bread crumbs. Toss the crumbs with the paprika, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until heated through, bubbly; and nicely browned.