Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- medium size eggplants, peeled and sliced 1/8 to ¼ inch thick
- large eggs
- dash of milk
- 1 1/2 c
- flour, seasoned with salt, pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 24 oz
- jar of traditional barilla marinara sauce
- (16 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded (sometimes i use more if i have left over cheese)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, shredded
Peel and slice eggplant.
Prepare the seasoned flour.
Whisk the egg and milk in a medium bowl.
Pour Italian seasoned bread crumbs into a plate or wide bowl.
Spoon half of the marinara sauce over the eggplant slices and top with half of the cheeses.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and the sauce is bubbling.