Baked Eggplant Parmesan
2medium size eggplants, peeled and sliced 1/8 to ¼ inch thick
·dash of milk
1 1/2 cflour, seasoned with salt, pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 citalian bread crumbs
24 ozjar of traditional barilla marinara sauce
1(16 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded (sometimes i use more if i have left over cheese)
1/2 cparmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Peel and slice eggplant.
Prepare the seasoned flour.
Whisk the egg and milk in a medium bowl.
Pour Italian seasoned bread crumbs into a plate or wide bowl.
- Dredge the slices in the flour. Then dip them into the egg mixture and then dredge in the bread crumbs.
- line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray. You will need 2 cookie sheets or bake in batches.
- Lay the eggplant in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Lightly brush the eggplant with olive oil or spray the tops of the eggplant with olive oil spray. (I like to brush them with the oil)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes then flip the eggplant slices and brush the eggplants again with olive oil. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- In a 9x13 baking dish or use individual baking dishes, spoon some of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish, just to cover.
- Lay half of the eggplant in a single layer on the dish - overlapping slightly if needed.
Spoon half of the marinara sauce over the eggplant slices and top with half of the cheeses.
- Make another layer following the same instructions, ending with the cheese on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Uncover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and the sauce is bubbling.