How to Make Awesome Lasagna
- Brown ground beef. Add any spices you might like, ie. minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper. I usually add all of these spices while cooking the beef. After ground beef is throughly cooked, drain and mix spaghetti sauce together in large bowl. Use your preference of sauce. If you like a more meaty sauce you less and vice versa. Set aside.
- I like to use oven ready lasagna noodles (less prep time but more cooking time). However, if you are using the traditional noodles, prepare as package tells you. While your noodles are cooking, prepare your white sauce.
- For the white sauce, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of feta in a sauce pan. Heat until everything is melted to a creamy sauce. Be careful not to let this burn.
- Noodles should be done by this time - Set noodles aside on wax paper - so they do not stick to one another.
- Time for layering your ingredients.
Start with 1/4 cup of meat sauce on bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
Next a layer of noodles.
Layer of meat sauce.
Layer of white sauce.
Layer of mozzarella.
Sprinkle some feta.
Repeat until all ingredients are used.
Sometimes I change up the layers just for fun. There really is no wrong way to do this.
The very top should be mostly mozzarella and feta.
- Preheat oven to 350. If you are using oven-ready noodles make sure to top your dish with tin foil so your cheese does not burn. Cook for alloted time on package. Make sure to uncover your dish the last 10-15 minutes to get a nice golden brown to your cheese.
If you pre-cooked your noodles you should be fine without covering and cooking for 35 minutes. Everything is cooked, you just need time to head throughly and brown your cheese.
- Once out of the oven. Let your dish set 10 minutes before serving. This gives cheese time to set and you will be able to serve the lasagna better without it being a runny mess.