How to Make Asparagus Risotto
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil. Add the asparagus spears to blanch for 2-5 minutes. Remove the asparagus and place in an ice bath. Remove from both once cooled and set aside. Keep the stock warm over a low heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with butter. Toast the rice, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, and continue stirring until most is absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm stock, continuously stirring until all absorbed. Continue with the remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time and allowing each addition to be absorbed. Continue until rice is tender to the bite and the mixture is creamy (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cut up asparagus into bit size pieces, stir into the risotto.