Anthony's Favorite Stuffed Shells
- 1 box
- jumbo stuffed shells for filling
- 2 lb
- ricotta cheese
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- 3 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped fresh.
- 2 jar(s)
- ragu tomato sauce(28 ounce) or homemade sauce if you have it.
- 1/2 c
- parmesan or romano cheese
How to Make Anthony's Favorite Stuffed Shells
- 1Boil salted water as directed on the box and add jumbo shells.Drain and cool. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, excluding the tomato sauce.
- 2Once the shells are cool enough to handle, Line a casserole dish with some tomato sauce. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture and place in the casserole.If they don't all fit you canput the few leftover ones on top of the first layer.Top with remaining sauce and bake, covered 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 3Note: A variation of this would be to add 1 package of thawed and squeezed frozen chopped spinach to the cheese mixture. I have also made these with meat using 2lbs ground beef or beef/pork mixture,seasoned and cooked and decrease the ricotta cheese to 1 lb.