★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozmushrooms, chopped
1/2 csaltine crackers, crushed
1/4 cgreen onions, chppped
2 cswiss cheese, shredded
1 ccottage cheese, small curd
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
2 1/4 tsppaprika, sweet mild
How to Make Mushroom-Crust Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Saute` mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter; stir in crackers. Press mixture into the pie pan; set aside.
- Cook onion in remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Spread onions over crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- In a blender or food processor, mix cottage cheese, eggs, and cayenne pepper until smooth. Pour mixture into the crust, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.