- 6 medium
- yellow onions
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 7 c
- strong beef bullion (6 cans cambell's)
- 1/4 c
- thick pieces french bread, dried and buttered
- 2 Tbsp
- per bowl of grated swiss and guera cheese
How to Make Clay's French Onion Soup
- 1Sautee onion in the butter until the onion turns a golden brown (About 2 - 21/2 hours)
- 2Add the spice and Bullion.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Divide into 4 to 6 bowls. Lay one slice of french bread on top and sprinkle the cheese over the bread.
You can dry your own french bread by slicing, buttering and toasting in your oven on low (300) till crisp.
- 6Bake - 10 minutes at 350