- 2 kg
- large (tiger/pink prawns) or langoustines with shells,heads intact
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 400 ml
- tomato sauce
- 10 clove
- fat garlic finely crushed
- 1 tsp
- peri-peri powder
- 2 medium
- habanero chilies finely ground
- 1/4 c
- finely chopped mint leaves
- 20 ml
- freshly juiced lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- cumin seeds,ground
- 250 g
How to Make Very Peri-Peri...Prawns
- 1devein prawns,remove legs.
wash thoroughly and drain well.
- 2place prawns/langoustines into large glass dish,add salt,mint leaves,200 mls tomato sauce,ground habanero chilies,lemon juice,garlic,cumin powder and peri-peri powder.
- 3mix thoroughly so that all prawns are well coated and marinate for at least 1 hour.
switch oven to grill and melt butter in a big grilling pan.
add remaining tomato sauce to prawns and stir well.
- 4add prawns together with the marinade to the melted butter in the grilling pan and place under the grill for about 25 minutes.
turn prawns in pan every 5 minutes to prevent from burning on one side,using tongs.
- 5grill until prawns/langoustines are done and sauce is thick.
- 6serve with spiced rice or crusty bread..with a green tossed salad..
- 7ensure you have a box of tissues..and lots of ice cold beer readily available.....enjoy!