2 kglarge (tiger/pink prawns) or langoustines with shells,heads intact
1 1/2 tspsalt
400 mltomato sauce
10 clovefat garlic finely crushed
1 tspperi-peri powder
2 mediumhabanero chilies finely ground
1/4 cfinely chopped mint leaves
20 mlfreshly juiced lemon
1 Tbspcumin seeds,ground
How to Make Very Peri-Peri...Prawns
- devein prawns,remove legs.
wash thoroughly and drain well.
- place prawns/langoustines into large glass dish,add salt,mint leaves,200 mls tomato sauce,ground habanero chilies,lemon juice,garlic,cumin powder and peri-peri powder.
- mix thoroughly so that all prawns are well coated and marinate for at least 1 hour.
switch oven to grill and melt butter in a big grilling pan.
add remaining tomato sauce to prawns and stir well.
- add prawns together with the marinade to the melted butter in the grilling pan and place under the grill for about 25 minutes.
turn prawns in pan every 5 minutes to prevent from burning on one side,using tongs.
- grill until prawns/langoustines are done and sauce is thick.
- serve with spiced rice or crusty bread..with a green tossed salad..
- ensure you have a box of tissues..and lots of ice cold beer readily available.....enjoy!