Twin Oaks Baked Stuff Shrimp
Opened in Cranston, R.I. in 1933, Twin Oaks is a R.I. institution! 650-seats strong, they serve more than a half million meals a year! This recipe is not only served at Twin Oaks, but all over R.I. Add alittle bit of crab to the stuffing if you wish and always serve Baked Stuffed Shrimp with drawn melted butter! Can be served as it or as it is in R.I., as "surf & turf" (filet migneon and baked stuffed shrimp).
- 5 lb
- fresh jumbo shrimp (5-6 shrimps per person or 3 if serving with steak)
- 2 lb
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 3/4 lb
- round buttery crackers, ground fine (such as ritz)
- 1/4 lb
- fine breadcrumb
How to Make Twin Oaks Baked Stuff Shrimp
- 1Peel the shrimp, split the underside, and remove the black vein.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- 3Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes until lightly browned; do not allow to burn (becomes bitter).
- 4Add parsley, cracker crumbs and bread crumbs (crab if you wish); mix well.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Place the shrimp, standing tail upright with unslit side down, in a casserole dish.
- 7Place a spoonful of stuffing mixture into the slit underside of each shrimp.
- 8Bake 15 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately with a side of melted butter for dipping.
You May Also Like:
Show 5 Comments & Reviews