Tuna Salad stuffed tomatos
- 6 medium
- roma tomatoes
- 1 can(s)
- tuna (your choice)
- 1 c
- 1 large
- dill pickle, chopped finely
- 1 large
- egg, hard boiled
- 1 small
- yellow onion (diced finely)
- 1 pinch
- salt (preferably sea salt)
How to Make Tuna Salad stuffed tomatos
- 1Starting with the tomatos, cut each one in half lengthwise. Next, using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds and water. place each half face down on a paper towel to help drain the water while you're working with the other ingredients. Spinkle each tomato half with a small pinch of salt.
- 2Boil the egg(s) until hard-boiled. Length of time will greatly depend on your location with respect to altitude.
- 3Some people like to drain their tuna, especially if it's canned in water, but if you are using tuna canned in oil and NOT draining it, I recommend using slighly less than one cup of mayo, so your mixture doesn't get too runny. That could be bad...
- 4Add your pickle, onion, mayonnaise, tuna, and hard-boiled egg in a mixing bowl and combine with a fork or potato-masher. Instrument used will greatly depend on your mood that day(!)
- 5Spoon your tuna salad into the tomato halfs, as much or as little as you like, and top each with a garnish of your choice.
- 6With any luck, you'll have enough for a small sandwich to celebrate your undertaking! Have fun, and let me how it turns out for you!