★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 can(s)
- tuna, packed in water, drained and finely flaked
- 1 c
- soft bread crumbs, approx. 3 slices fresh bread, crumb in blender 1/2 slice at a time
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1/4 c
- chopped green onion
- 4 Tbsp
- shortening, for frying patties
How to Make Tuna Patties
- 1Mix all ingredients together, except shortening and form into patties.
- 2Melt shortening in heavy skillet and saute patties until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot or chill for several hours or overnight and serve cold with Cucumber Sauce or heated tomato soup, undiluted.
- 3To make Cucumber Sauce: Mix 1/2 C. sour cream, juice of 1 lemon, 1 clove garlic (finely minced), 1 small cucumber (peeled and finely chopped). Chill. Yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.