1 - 6oz can(s)tuna in oil, drained, oil reserved
1 pkg.12 oz. corn muffin mix
1 Tbspreserved tuna oil
2 Tbsponion, chopped
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 csoft breadcrumbs
6thin slices of fresh lemon or orange
How to Make Topsy Turvy Tuna Pie
- Drain tuna; save oil. Flake tuna.
- Cook onion in oil until tender.
- Add soup, eggs, breadcrumbs, and tuna; mix well.
- Arrange lemon or orange slices on the bottom of a well greased 10 inch pie pan.
- Pour tuna mixture over fruit slices.
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Spread batter over tuna mixture.
- Bake casserole at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes. Loosen from sides of pan with spatula and invert on serving plate.