Summer Dinner Shrimp Salad
- 1 lb
- shrimp (cooked with tail on-deveined/no smaller than 31 ct)
- 1 lb
- pre-made salad (usually 2 pks)
- eggs, hard boiled
- roma tomatoes
- red onion
- 1 bottle
- kalamata olives (or any black olive)
- 1 can(s)
- chick peas
- 2 c
- mayonaisse, (light or reg)
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 5-6 tsp
How to Make Summer Dinner Shrimp Salad
- 1Cook eggs/peel/slice in half/set aside.
Place Shrimp (still in bag) in colander under running cold water (to defrost)
- 2While eggs are cooking - slice red onions and separate into pieces (slice onion in 1/2 first)
- 3Wash & slice tomatoes (in half)
Open & drain chick peas
- 4Open olives & drain (if using jumbo you can slice in 1/2) if using Kalamatra make sure everyone knows of the pits
- 5Make Dressing: Add mayonaise, ketchup (to color & flavor lightly) then add horseradish to taste (frequently I will make 2 bowls - 1 HOT 1 MED/Mild
- 6Place salad in large salad bowl, add rest of ingredients and mix lightly, & gently (as not to break up eggs) (I leave a few eggs, onions, chick peas, & tomatoes aside to present)
- 7Arrange shrimp and set aside ingredients to enhance "presentation" Drizzle some of the Dressing over top......
- 8You can also add other fave salad ingredients, roasted red peppers, artichokes, etc.
- 9If not serving immediately, do not drizzle and place in refrigerator.....Drizzle dressing right before serving...Enjoy - easy -
- 10*** The horseradish added to classic "thousand island dressing" is what gives this a little "kick" So very very easy & a great summer meal.
- 11I frequently serve this with lightly "toasted" french bread that I slice loaf in half and place on upper 1/2 shelf of grill= no heat in kitchen!To quicken the "toasting" I spread a thin layer of mayo on bread or brush w/olive oil.