By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
10 ozsalmon filets, skin removed
2 mediumred potatoes
1 largeonion, sliced 1/4"
8baby carrots, or 8 carrot sections cut into 2" pieces
1/4 corange juice, fresh
1 pkgchicken stock
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Succulent Salmon
- Cut the potatoes into one quarter inch slices and place into a pan of cold water.
- Turn pot on high until it starts to boil.
- Add the carrots after three minutes.
- Salt the water and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until tender, about six to seven minutes.
- Add broccoli about 2 minutes before the potatoes are finished.
- Drain if finished before the fish, and place back in hot pan.
- Add fresh pepper.
- Saute onions in one half the oil, medium-low heat in a ten inch nonstick pan.
- When they start to brown add the rest of oil.
- Place the fish filet on top fat side down and turn up heat to medium-high.
- Saute until salmon turns white on bottom.
- Add herbs and pepper.
- Add one quarter cup of water, chicken stock and the orange juice.
- Lower heat and simmer about five minutes.
- Baste occasionally.
- The salmon should be pink inside and not over done.
- Cut the filet in half in the pan.
- Using a plastic spatula, pick up the fish and onions and place in one half of plate.
- Add a spoon or two of sauce.
- Add vegetables and arrange in semi-circle.