Stuffed Salmon Roll with Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
These are rich and delicious. I usually save up the skinny pieces of salmon when I buy a fresh piece of fish. I use the thick parts of the salmon for other dishes and then when I freeze the thinner pieces and when I get enough I make them into salmon rolls.
- 1 lb
- salmon fillets cut lengthwise into 6 equal strips
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- each whole grain mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, minced shallots and minced garlic
- 1 tsp
- each fresh thyme, capers and ground sage
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1 small
- shallot minced
- 1 stick
- cold butter cut into 8 pieces
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- pinch of pepper
CREAMY LEMON BUTTER SAUCE
How to Make Stuffed Salmon Roll with Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1Preheat oven 400 degrees. Gently pound down the salmon until they are about 1/8 inch thick.
- 2In a bowl mix the breadcrumbs, oil, mustard, shallot lemon juice, capers, thyme and sage.
- 3Take one piece of salmon and spread 1 tbsp of mayo on it. then spread about 2 tbsp. breadcrumb mixture over top. Roll up tightly and insert a toothpick to keep them from unrolling. Repeat with remaining salmon. Place on sprayed baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile make the sauce.
Heat the wine and shallots together and bring to a boil. Let reduce until only about 2 tbsp liquid remain. Whisk in the butter one square at a time until all is incorporated. Whisk in the cream and lemon juice. Remove from heat stir in the capers.
- 5Remove toothpick from salmon and serve with sauce drizzled over top
About Stuffed Salmon Roll with Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce
You May Also Like:
Show 1 Comment & Review