How to Make Southern Fried Perch
- In colander, place fish and season with the spices, let rest 30 minutes
- in a bowl to dredge, mix egg and milk
- in another bowl to dredge, mix flour, and corn meal mix
- heat oil in fryer skillet or dutch oven, at least 3/4 " deep
- dip fish pieces in egg mixture, then in the flour mixture, shake off excess, lay each pirce carefully in hot oil ( burner on med heat )
- continue until all fish is in skillet. cook 10 minutes, turn each piece and fry another 10 minutes.
- when fish is dark as you want, remove from oil to paper towel lined plate.