4filets of sole
·salt and pepper
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
6 Tbspbutter, unsalted
·juice from 1 lemon
1 tsplemon rind, grated
1 Tbspfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Sole Meuniere
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and place in shallow pan. Dredge all fish filets.
- Lower heat to medium low and fry fish filets for 2 minutes on each side. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Remove from saute pan. Wipe out saute pan and put in the butter. Heat until butter melts and turns light brown.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the pan.
- Mix butter and juices together and add fish to pan. Combine and cover fish filets.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.