Smothered Grilled Salmon
Photo is prior to cooking.
How to Make Smothered Grilled Salmon
- 1Cut the salmon in serving size portions, and remove any bones with tweezers.
- 2Place pieces of salmon in a baking dish, skin side down. Place a nice thick layer of the sliced green onions on top of the salmon.
- 3Now pour a generous amount of your favorite Italian salad dressing on top of your onion smothered salmon. Careful not to knock the green onions off.
- 4Season with fresh ground pepper.
- 5Cover baking dish with plastic wrap, marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- 6Prepare your grill. Oil the cooking grate well.
You will be cooking directly over the hot coals.
- 7On average, fish should cook for 10 minutes per inch. Time your cooking accordingly to the thickness of your fillets. I find my salmon is usually done in about 7 or 8 minutes.
- 8When coals are nice and hot, carefully place your fillets, with onions on cooking grate. Cover grill, and DO NOT TURN FISH!
- 9When fish is done, remove to a platter, trying to keep the onions intact.
- 10This is so yummy, ENJOY!