9thin slices of prosciutto
3dozen medium size raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
2dozen pitted california black olives
18thin lemon slices (2 or 3 lemons)
1/2 cfinely chopped fresh italian parsley
2 or 3 clovegarlic, peeled and finely chopped
·crushed red pepper flakes to taste
6 Tbspbest quality olive oil or more
How to Make Skewered Shrimp and Prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cute each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each of the 18 shrimp.
- Slide 2 olives onto one of 6 skewers. Slide a wrapped shrimp onto the skewer. Repeat, using 2 more prosciutto wrapped shrimp and 2 more lemon wrapped shrimp. End with 2 more olives. Repeat skewering procedure with the remaining shrimp,lemons and olives.
- Lay each skewer on a large piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with the parsley, chopped garlic and red pepper. Drizzle each skewer with a tbsp or so of olive oil and seal the packets. Set on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the shrimp is done. Do not overcook. Transfer the packets to plates and allow the guest to open them at the table.
- *TIP*: Please when you use skewers, make sure you soak them in water first before you put them in the oven, or they will burn.