Singaporean Chili Crab
- 4 lb
- dungeness crabs, cleaned and quartered (substitute legs if whole crab is not available)
- 6 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- soy beans, salted and mashed into paste
- ginger, fresh, sliced thin and julienned (approximately 2 inch piece)
- 1/8 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp
- light soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- 5 Tbsp
- garlic chili sauce
- 20 Tbsp
- eggs, beaten
- 3/4 Tbsp
- tapioca powder (mixed with 6 tablespoons water)
- green onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- cilantro, fresh
- 1 c
- hot water
How to Make Singaporean Chili Crab
- 1Heat oil in wok and fry ginger until fragrant.
- 2Mix together soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce and ketchup and set aside.
- 3Add garlic and fry until crisp but not burt.
- 4Add soy beans and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 5Pour in seasoning ingredients and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- 6Add crab and stir well. Add 1/4 cup water and cook covered for about 2 minutes.
- 7Uncover, add remaining water and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- 8When crabs are done (nice and red) add flour paste and eggs. Stir until sauce thickens, garnish with cilantro and green onions and serve with pleanty of warm bread for dipping.
- 9TIP: Corn starch and water can be used as thickening agent if tapioca flour is not readily available.