Simple Salmon Patties
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 ounce cans honey boy salmon, drained and well shredded using a fork
- 3 Tbsp
- finely minced green onions (use tops too!)
- 4 Tbsp
- finely minced celery
- 1 2/3 c
- fine, dry plain bread crumbs (divided)
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- mayonnaise (heaping tbsps)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- oil for frying (i use canola, but olive oil is good, too!)
How to Make Simple Salmon Patties
- 1Mix together first three ingredients, along with 2/3 Cup of the bread crumbs, reserving the rest for dredging. Add the egg, mayo, salt & pepper. Mix until very well blended.
- 2Chill for at least an hour before frying.
- 3Form into balls, then flatten out by hand into patties, about 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Dredge in remaining bread crumbs, then place in hot oil (Med-High heat) and fry until nicely browned, about 6 to 8 minutes on each side. When done, remove from oil and drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- 4Serve hot with cocktail sauce (I am also posting my Cocktail Sauce recipe), or other condiment of your choice.
Makes 4 patties.