Shrimp & Veggie Tempura
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
- jumbo shrimp, peeled deveined & butterflied
- carrot, thinly sliced
- broccoli pieces,ends removed
- shitake mushrooms
- shiso leaf
- 2 slice
- eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 slice
- sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- ice cold water
- egg, large
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- baking soda
- 4 c
- canola oil
How to Make Shrimp & Veggie Tempura
- 1In a medium bowl mix the water & egg together. In a separate bowl mix the flour & baking soda.
- 2Stir in the flour mix into the bowl with the egg mix. Dont over beat,it should be kind of lumpy.
- 3Place the batter in the ice box while you prepare the other ingredients.
- 4Slices the onion, carrot, sweet potato & eggplant. Clean the mushroom & shiso leaf.
- 5Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan to about 325 degrees. The oil should be hot enough To were when you drip batter in to it, the drops come to the top immediately.
- 6Coat each of shrimp & veggies in the batter. Place then carefully into the hot oil. Frying on both side to light golden brown.
- 7Place already fried shrimp & veggies on a paper towel to drain.
- 8Serve immediately with rice.