- 1 lb
- large (16-20 count) shrimp shelled and de-veined
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, slivered, or 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1/2 - 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Shrimp Scampi
- 1Heat a sauté pan on high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter melts, foams up and subsides, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a minute, or until you see the edges of some of the garlic just beginning to brown.
- 2As soon as the garlic begins to brown, add the shrimp to the pan. Then add the white wine and stir to combine and coat the shrimp with the butter, oil, and wine. Spread the shrimp out in an even layer in the pan. Increase the heat to the highest setting and let the wine boil vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Turn the shrimp over, or toss them so the cooked sides are mostly facing up, and boil the wine for another minute. Remove from the heat, add the parsley and toss to combine. Add the lemon juice and black pepper.
- 4Serve alone, with crusty bread, over pasta, or over rice.