6-8jumbo shrimp (or 8-10 medium, that's easily adjusted to availability) shelled and deveined, butterflied if you like to cut down even more on cooking time
1/2 lbangel hair pasta
2 Tbspolive oil
2 clovegarlic, large
1 1/2 Tbspdried oregano
2 dash(es)good dry white wine (optional)
How to Make Shrimp Oreganata
- Put a large pot of well salted water on to boil.
- Chop garlic.
- In a large sautee pan heat the oil and garlic over low flame.
- Rinse and pat dry shrimp and add to pan when heated.
- Add pasta to boiling water, cook according to package instructions.
- Cook shrimp until just opaque and firm. Add oregano and wine.
- Drain pasta well once cooked to desired tenderness.
- Add pasta to pan with shrimp, over low flame, and toss together for about 10 seconds. (you don't want the pasta or shrimp to cook further just marry the flavors)
- Serve and enjoy.