SHRIMP on the BARBIE
Nancy J. Patrykus
You can adjust the "heat" to your liking.
I don't grill out..but my neighbor loved this recipe....
She made me one, and I thought this was a really good recipe.
Recipe and picture found in a cookbook by Publications International LTD
- 1 lb
- raw large shrimp, shelled and deviend
- each, red and a yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1 inch squares
- 4 slice
- 1/2 c
- a prepared smokey---flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- red hot ...cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
How to Make SHRIMP on the BARBIE
- 1Thread shrimp, peppers and lime, alternately onto a metal skewers.
Combine barbecue saucs, Worcehester sauce, Hot sauce, and garlic in a small bowl.Mix well.
Brush on skewers.
Place skewers on your hot grill, reserving the sauce mixture.
Grill over hot coals 15 minutes, or until shrimp is pink...turning and basting often with the sauce.
Do not baste during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Serve warm as atid bit or with a rice on the side.