Recipe is from our local seafood market. Photo is from Bonnie Dare.
- 1 1/2 lb
- shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- dry sherry or chicken broth (i use sherry)
- 4 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 slice
- french bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- salt and pepper
How to Make Shrimp Newburg-Annette's
- 1Cook shrimp in boiling salted water 1-3 minutes or until opaque. Drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium saucepan melt 1/3 cup butter. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in shrimp, sherry and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Coat 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour shrimp mixture into dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 4Meanwhile, stir together bread cubes and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over shrimp mixture. Bake 3 to 5 minutes more or until topping is toasted. Enjoy!