Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Sauce
Remove the tails & serve with crackers and this makes a very tasty appetizer!!
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 2-3 Tbsp
- garlic powder (add more if you want a strong garlic flavor)
- 3/4 - 1 c
- milk (more or less to get the right consistency)
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk **
- 1 1/2 lb
- shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Shrimp in Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1In a small saucepan over Medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add flour. Adjust amount, if needed, to make a rue.
- 3Add garlic. Whisk until smooth.
- 4** Add milks, pouring slowly while whisking to avoid lumps. (You can use more or less of each kind of milk to suit your taste. I like to add some Evap. milk to the regular to add creaminess.)
- 5Whisk until blended well.
- 6Add shrimp & cook on low until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 7Serve with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled on top.