·1 lbs medium cooked shrimp
·8 c chicken broth reserving 1/2 c
·2- 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
·16 oz sour cream
·3 tbs flour
·garlic powder to taste
·diced bell pepper (optional)
·diced red onion( optional)
·corn tortillas about 15-20
·monterey jack cheese
How to Make Shrimp enchilads with sour cream sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add chicken broth to dutch oven and allow to heat. Add cream cheese and sour cream on medium heat, stiring constantly so it will not burn.Once cream cheese has melted, about 5-10 minutes, season with garlic powder to taste. Set aside.
- Mix flour and reserved chicken broth and add to sour cream mixture to thicken
- Lightly cook shrimp. Season with garlic powder.Set aside.
- Lightly warm tortillas so they will be soft and allow easier folding. Keep coved so they stay warm.
- In a 9x13 baking dish begin to assemble enchiladas. Place tortilla in dish a fill with shrimp and if you desire the onions and bell pepper and roll. Keep going until dish is filled with the enchladas.
- Once all the enchiladas are rolled pour cream cheese sauce over the enchiladas and top with monterey jack cheese.
- Place in preheated 400 degree oven and cook 15-20 minuted or until cheese has melted.
- Once you remove enchiladas from oven allow to cool 10 minutes to set. Serve with avacado slices and enjoy.