How to Make Shrimp Chimichangas
- 1If necessary, devein and remove shells from shrimp. Chop shrimp into small pieces and sauté in a little oil. Turn burner low and add enough taco seasoning to coat shrimp. Remove from heat when finished cooking.
- 2Heat up pinto beans and steam tortillas in microwave by layering a damp paper towel between tortillas.
- 3Fill tortillas with a scoop of shrimp, beans and cheese and roll using picture I posted.
- 4Heat up ½ inch of oil in a pan big enough for all the chimis to fit in the bottom. Test oil with a little piece of tortilla, when it starts frying immediately, it’s ready.
- 5Place each chimi in oil, seam side down, and swirl each one around a little when you first set it in the pan to keep it from sticking. Slowly turn chimis until they are golden brown and crispy.
- 6Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole and Spanish rice.
*I like to make my chimis with a little of the Spanish rice in them.