Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
How to Make Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
- 1Cook the rice according to the package directions, minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and let it cool slightly.
- 2Then bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- 3Heat the butter in another saucepan and saute the green pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the cooled rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups (or less!) cups of cheese, shrimp and sauted vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- 5Spray a 7x11 glass casserole (or 9x13 if doubling recipe) with vegetable spray. Put the mixture in the dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.