☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 7-ozahi tuna steaks (each about 1-inch thick
1 Tbspcoarsely cracked black pepper
2 tspsesame oil
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 cdry sherry
2 Tbspchopped fresh chives or green onion tops
How to Make Seared Tuna Pepper Steaks
- Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with salt, then sprinkle with coarsely cracked black pepper, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna steaks and sear until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter. Tent platter loosely with foil to keep tuna steaks warm. Add soy sauce, then Sherry to same skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over tuna steaks. Sprinkle with chives or green onion tops.