- 4 7-oz
- ahi tuna steaks (each about 1-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp
- coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
How to Make Seared Tuna Pepper Steaks
- 1Sprinkle tuna steaks on both sides with salt, then sprinkle with coarsely cracked black pepper, pressing gently to adhere.
- 2Heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add tuna steaks and sear until brown outside and just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- 3Using tongs, transfer tuna steaks to platter. Tent platter loosely with foil to keep tuna steaks warm. Add soy sauce, then Sherry to same skillet.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is slightly reduced, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute.
- 5Spoon sauce over tuna steaks. Sprinkle with chives or green onion tops.