Seafood Pasta in Lemon Butter Sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This lemon butter sauce is so darn delicious! Serve this seafood pasta with a crispy salad, some warm bread and prepare to smile. The Test Kitchen
1 lbpasta of choice
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/3 colive oil
1 lbraw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 lbsmall raw scallops (or large cut in half)
2 Tbspminced lemon zest
1/4 clemon juice
1/4 cwhite wine
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4 ctoasted pine nuts (or pinole nuts)
·grated romano or parmesan cheese, to taste
How to Make Seafood Pasta in Lemon Butter Sauce
- Pour a glass of wine for the cook, saving 1/4 cup for the recipe ;-)
- Cook pasta in salted water till it's al dente. I make the lemon butter sauce while the water is coming to a boil because the sauce is very quick.
- Saute onions in butter and olive oil on medium high heat until tender. Add shrimp and scallops and saute until shrimp just starts to turn pink and is almost done, but not quite. Overcooking the shrimp and scallops makes them very tough. Also the giant scallops take a long time to cook so I cut them in half to match the cook time of the shrimp if I can't find smaller ones.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper and cook for a few more minutes till bubbly and seafood is done.
- Pour lemon butter sauce over drained (NOT RINSED) pasta and toss with grated cheese and pine nuts. Serve and enjoy an amazing seafood pasta.
- Trader Joe's market has their frozen seafood blend of peeled raw shrimp, scallops, and calamari that I normally use. If you can find a combo bag of shellfish like this at your local market it is both super delicious and easy, just defrost and pour in.