Scallops with Shells in a Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce
You could substitute shrimp, crab meat or chicken for the scallops. If you don't have zucchini, use broccoli or peas. This is a very forgiving recipe.
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 large
- red pepper, diced
- 2 large
- or 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1-2 large
- tomatoes or 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 lb
- sea scallops, halved or quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar(s)
- ragu roasted garlic cheese sauce or any alfredo sauce
- 1 box
- large shell pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
How to Make Scallops with Shells in a Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce
- 1Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Put in colander and drain.
- 2While pasta is cooking, put olive oil in large dutch oven. Heat until simmering.
- 3Saute onion, garlic and red pepper until just crisp / tender. Stir in zucchini and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- 4Add scallops and continue to cook until scallops are opaque, around 5 minutes.
- 5Add cheese sauce and tomatoes and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add just enough shells so it is still saucy. Use leftover shells for a salad or other use. Serve and pass Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.