Scallops with Shells in a Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce
You could substitute shrimp, crab meat or chicken for the scallops. If you don't have zucchini, use broccoli or peas. This is a very forgiving recipe.
1/4 colive oil
6 clovegarlic, minced
1 largeonion, diced
1 largered pepper, diced
2 largeor 3 medium zucchini, diced
1-2 largetomatoes or 4 plum tomatoes, diced
2 lbsea scallops, halved or quartered
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 jar(s)ragu roasted garlic cheese sauce or any alfredo sauce
1 boxlarge shell pasta
·shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
How to Make Scallops with Shells in a Creamy Garlic Cheese Sauce
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Put in colander and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, put olive oil in large dutch oven. Heat until simmering.
- Saute onion, garlic and red pepper until just crisp / tender. Stir in zucchini and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add scallops and continue to cook until scallops are opaque, around 5 minutes.
- Add cheese sauce and tomatoes and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add just enough shells so it is still saucy. Use leftover shells for a salad or other use. Serve and pass Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.