Scallops with Grand Marnier
1 lbsea scallops- halved if huge :-)
3 Tbspunsalted butter
1/2 cminced shallots
1 1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cdry white wine
1/3 corange juice
1/4 cgrand marnier
1 cheavy cream
1 tspgrated orange rind
How to Make Scallops with Grand Marnier
- In a large skillet, cook the scallops seasoned with salt and pepper in 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter over moderately high heat for 1 minute, stirring.
- Cover the skillet and cook the scallops, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes more, or until they are opague and just firm. With a slotted spoon transfer the scallops to a large plate and cover to keep them warm.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook them, stirring for 1 minute. Add the broth, wine, juice and Grand Marnier, and boil the mixture until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer the mixture until it is lightly thickened.
- Over moderatley high heat, whisk the remaining butterand orange rind and season the sauce with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Pour any accumulated juices from the scallops into the sauce.
- Divide the scallops among "coquille" shells, (ramekins) and spoon the sauce over them.