- 1 lb
- scallops (bay or sea) - i use sea scallops
- salt and pepper
- flour for dredging
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- chopped shallots
- minced garlic clove
- 1/4 c
- chopped flat leaf parsley (i used dry parsley flakes - maybe about 2 tbsp
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine
How to Make Scallops Provancale
- 1If you’re using bay scallops, keep them whole. If you’re using sea scallops, cut each 1 in half horizontally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss with flour, and shake off the excess.
- 2In a very large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat until sizzling and add the scallops in 1 layer. Lower the heat to medium and allow the scallops to brown lightly on 1 side without moving them, then turn and brown lightly on the other side. This should take 3 to 4 minutes, total.
- 3Melt the rest of the butter in the pan with the scallops, then add the shallots, garlic, and parsley and saute for 2 more minutes, tossing the seasonings with the scallops. Add the wine, cook for 1 minute, and taste for seasoning. Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon juice.