Scalloped Scallops ~ Flavors of Cape Cod
This recipe came from a treasured cookbook I have ~ Savoring Cape Cod.
- 1 pt
- bay scallops
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 c
- crackers crumbs (coarsely crushed ritz or similar)
- 1/2 c
- fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 c
- half and half
How to Make Scalloped Scallops ~ Flavors of Cape Cod
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Butter a baking dish just large enough to contain the scallops in a single layer.
- 2Stir cracker crumbs and bread crumbs into melted margarine or butter. Spread a thin layer in bottom of dish, add scallops, cover with remaining crumbs. Pour half and half around the edge.
- 3Bake until crumbs are brown and scallops are just cooked. Bay scallops will cook in 10-12 minutes. They should be opaque white throughout but do not overcook.