1 qtoysters in their liquor
2 ccrushed crackers (keebler club crackers)
1 stickmelted butter
1 1/2 cheavy cream
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspground black pepper
1/2 tspsmoked paprika
How to Make Scalloped Oysters
- Drain the oysters, reserving 1/2 cup oyster liquor for later.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame. Add the salt, pepper and smoked paprika and whisk until blended. Add the crushed crackers and stir until well blended.
- In a 9x9" baking pan, spread about 1/4 of the cracker mixture. Place about 1/3 of the oysters over them. Repeat this process until the crackers and oysters are gone, ending with a layer of cracker mixture on top.
- In the same saucepan that the butter was in, whisk together the oyster liquor, heavy cream and Worcestershire sauce. Pour this mixture over the layered crackers and oysters.
- Cover the oysters and place in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Let stand at room temp for about 20 minutes before baking.
- Place pan on center rack in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the liquid is bubbly and topping is golden brown.