Salmon with onions, olives & capers
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- drained capers
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp
- sugar (i prefer brown)
- i add few asst good aged olives to each svg. this was not called for in the original recipe but i think it adds significantly to the dish)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Salmon with onions, olives & capers
- 1Preheat oven to 350'. Heat 1 tsp oil in nonstick skillet over med heat until hot. Add salmon, rounded side down; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer salmon to 13x9" glass baking dish. Sprinkle w/salt & pepper.
- 2In same skillet, add remaining tsp olive oil & cook onion over med heat 5 min's or until tender. Add capers, vinegar & sugar. Cook 2 min's, stirring.
- 3Spoon caper mixure over salmon, along w/olives. Cover with foil & place in oven. Bake 12-15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested w/a fork.
- 4Per Svg: 245 Calories, 8 grms fat, 35 grms protein, 6 grms carb.