- 1 1/2 oz
- salted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 3 sheet(s)
- 19x10 inch filo dough defrosted
- 12 oz
- salmon fillet
- 10 oz
- 1 oz
- salted butter
- green onions thinnly sliced
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour(sifted)
- 2 Tbsp
- creme fraiche
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking sherry
- 2 Tbsp
- roughly chopped fresh dill
- grated ring of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Salmon Pies With Dill Gremolata
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Lightly grease 12 muffin tins with butter.Heat 11/2 ounces salted butter until just melted. Unroll one sheet of filo dough and brush it lightly with melted butter,cut into eight pieces each being 4 1/2 inches square.
Press one piece into a tin and repeat with second piece at a right angle.Continue until all tins are filled.Roll top edges down to form a pie crust.
- 2Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.Carefully lift out of tin and place on a plate.
- 3While dough is baking place salmon in a medium sauce pan,pour over the milk and season with salt and pepper.Cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until
fish is just cooked.Remove fish from milk and reserve milk.Wash and dry pan.Heat butter in pan and fry green onions for 2 minutes or until soft.
Stir in flour cook 1 minute then gradually add reserved milk mixture,creme fraiche,and cooking sherry.Bring to boil stirring until thickened and smooth.
- 4Flake the fish into chunky pieces,discarding any bones or skin.Add flaked fish to sauce and reheat if needed.Spoon hot filling into pastry shells,mix dill and lemon rind together and sprinkle over tops.
- 5Optional:Can add prawns or crab meat to sauce for more flavoring.If using white crab meat add to sauce towards last few minutes of cooking.