2 14.75 oz can(s)red or pink salmon, drained
2eggs, lightly scrambled
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
20ritz crackers, finely crushed
3 Tbspparsley, finely minced
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 dash(es)ground nutmeg, optional
1 Tbspbutter and olive oil (for frying)
How to Make Salmon Patties
- Remove bones from canned salmon and shred with fork as much as possible and place in a large mixing bowl
- Add raw eggs, onion, crackers, parsley, pepper and nutmeg (if using) and mix well
- Form mixture into palm-sized, 1/2 inch thick, round patties (8-9)
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large, non-stick (or iron) skillet until butter is melted and slightly sizzling. Gently place patties into hot grease and fry until light brown and slightly crispy, on each side. When done, remove to paper towel and drain grease (fry in 2 batches).
- Serve with rice and vegetables (or black beans with corn).