- 15 oz or close to it can salmon, drain and set aside juices
- egg, beaten
- 2 slice
- bread, grated or just use food processor for fine crumbs, white or whole wheat
- self-rising flour for dredging patties in
- vegetable oil or shortening for frying
How to Make Salmon Patties
- 1Mix together the Salmon, Egg, & Bread crumbs, and if too dry add some of the reserved liquid. Shape into patties. I like to park them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to have them less likely to tear up once they are being fried.
- 2Some people find the bones in the salmon just not to their liking. I have always heard the bones are good for you and have found if you just mash the ingredients well, the bones will crunch up so much you won't notice they are there. Maybe one day, I will attempt to treat these like a burger.
- 3When ready to fry, dredge into the flour, and fry in the hot oil or shortening. Takes about 8 minutes. I like to use 2 forks to help turn these over to brown on the other side.