- 2 can(s)
- (7 oz each) salmon - boneless, skinless - drained but save 3 tblsp juice in small bowl.
- originally, i used 1 can (15-16 oz) pink salmon and would skin & debone, saving some juice
- 1 tsp
- black pepper- or more - we like alot of pepper flavor in these
- 1/4 c
- dried minced onion
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 c
- crisco - sometimes i use olive oil
- can top these with tartar sauce or ketchup
How to Make Salmon Patties
- 1Drain salmon, reserving 3 tblsp juice in a small bowl and stiring in the baking powder and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl break up salmon into fine pieces, add egg, pepper, dried onion. Mix until sticky. Stir in baking powder mixture and flour. Mix until well combined. Form into small patties and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- 3Hint: You can mix this up earier in the day and cover and refrigerate. The colder mixture fries really crisp. I usually double this recipe. They go fast and they are also good cold. You could add 2 tblsp prepared horseradish OR about 1/2 tsp dill weed into mixture for different flavors.