Salmon Filets Buried In Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4skinless salmon filets, 7 ounces each
2 lbrusset potatoes
6 largescallions, sliced
1/2 cdry white wine
How to Make Salmon Filets Buried In Potatoes
- Heavily butter 4 pieces of 4x12\" aluminum foil.
- Then sprinkle with salt and papper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Shred potatoes and mix with lemon juice and scallions.
- Make a bed using half the potatoes on each piece of aluminum foil.
- Place a salmon filet on the potato bed, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with remaining potatoes.
- Press down on the potatoes, then enclose tightly in foil.
- Place in oven for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine shallots, wine and vinegar in saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat and beat in remaining butter.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste and set aside in a warm place.
- When it\'s time to put dinner on the table, heat the broiler, unwrap the salmon and place close to the heat.
- Brown well, about two minutes per side.
- Arrange the salmon on a platter and serve the sauce separately.