Salmon Filets Buried In Potatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- skinless salmon filets, 7 ounces each
- kosher salt
- 2 lb
- russet potatoes
- 1/2 c
- 6 large
- scallions, sliced
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
How to Make Salmon Filets Buried In Potatoes
- 1Heavily butter 4 pieces of 4x12\" aluminum foil.
- 2Then sprinkle with salt and papper.
- 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 4Shred potatoes and mix with lemon juice and scallions.
- 5Make a bed using half the potatoes on each piece of aluminum foil.
- 6Place a salmon filet on the potato bed, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with remaining potatoes.
- 7Press down on the potatoes, then enclose tightly in foil.
- 8Place in oven for fifteen minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, combine shallots, wine and vinegar in saucepan.
- 10Place over medium heat and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- 11Remove from heat and beat in remaining butter.
- 12Add salt and white pepper to taste and set aside in a warm place.
- 13When it\'s time to put dinner on the table, heat the broiler, unwrap the salmon and place close to the heat.
- 14Brown well, about two minutes per side.
- 15Arrange the salmon on a platter and serve the sauce separately.