★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)14.75 oz pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
1egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 ccornbread stuffing mix (any brand, i used a cheap brand)
1-2 Tbspfresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsplemon zest
1 Tbspvegetable oil
·my cucumber spread/dip
·lemon wedges (optional)
How to Make Salmon Cakes
- Whisk together, egg,and pepper in a medium bowl. Add salmon that has been drained, skin and bones removed, along with cornbread stuffing mix,onion, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to mix well.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions of about 1/2 cup each and shape into balls about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add oil.
- Add cakes and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until well browned.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with my cucumber dip/spread and lemon wedges, if desired.