Rhode Island Stuffed Quahogs
- quahogs - a large hard shell clam
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- white wine, dry
- bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- 1/2 c
- onion minced
- 1/4 c
- celery minced
- 3 Tbsp
- parsley fresh and minced
- 4 c
- italian bread, crust removed bread cubed
How to Make Rhode Island Stuffed Quahogs
- 1In a large pot, add the quahogs, water, wine and bay leaf.
- 2Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer until all quahogs are open. Remove the quahogs and quahog meat, strain the broth well and reserve. Chop the quahog meat and set aside.
- 3In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion and celery. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add the herbs. Cook 1 minute.
- 5In a large bowl, place the diced bread . Add the vegetable mixture. Lightly moisten with quahog broth. Adjust the seasoning.
- 6Split the quahogs in half. Divide the stuffing equally stuff into each shell half.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven until hot. Serve with plenty of hot sauce and lemon wedge