Rhode Island Stuffed Quahogs
8quahogs - a large hard shell clam
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
4 Tbspolive oil
4 clovegarlic minced
1/2 conion minced
1/4 ccelery minced
3 Tbspparsley fresh and minced
4 citalian bread, crust removed bread cubed
How to Make Rhode Island Stuffed Quahogs
- In a large pot, add the quahogs, water, wine and bay leaf.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer until all quahogs are open. Remove the quahogs and quahog meat, strain the broth well and reserve. Chop the quahog meat and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion and celery. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs. Cook 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, place the diced bread . Add the vegetable mixture. Lightly moisten with quahog broth. Adjust the seasoning.
- Split the quahogs in half. Divide the stuffing equally stuff into each shell half.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until hot. Serve with plenty of hot sauce and lemon wedge