Quick Tomato Aspic-with Shrimp
- 1/2 c
- v-8 juice or tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp
- plain gelatin; i used 2 envelopes plain
- 3 1/2 c
- v-8 juice, heated; or tomato juice, hot
- 1 tsp
- approx./or 2 sqeezes,fresh lemon juice/optional
- 1 pinch
- 1 or 2 c
- chopped veggies; celery,carrots,peppers,olives
- 1 c
- cooked shrimp, peeled
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream, whipped
SOAK GELATIN IN COLD JUICE.
DISSOLVE GELATIN MIX IN HOT JUICE. IF DESIRED ADD LEMON JUICE & BASIL
ADD CHOPPED VEGGIES AND SHRIMP.
I USED 24 SHRIMP,COOKED AT THE FISH MARKET AND CHILLED,EASY!
MIX WHIPPED CREAM AND MAYONNAISE TO MAKE A SAUCE.
How to Make Quick Tomato Aspic-with Shrimp
- 1I made this with whole cooked shrimp, but next time I will cut each into about three pieces. I only used celery and green olives; and no basil.
- 2Since I wanted it to be my lunch, I used three cereal bowls for molding, and there was about a cup left over in another container. So it makes plenty!
- 3The cold shrimp helped it set up fast. I actually left it overnight in the refrigerator. Unmold on crisp lettuce and serve with mayo and whipped cream.