Poor Man's Lobster (Haddock) w/ melted butter
Lobster tail is my favorite food, and although this is not as fantabulous as lobster tail, it will give you that fix when you need it for a lot less $$$! It is so good!
- 2 lb
- haddock, fresh or thawed (if frozen) - i always use icelandic
- 2 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- vinegar (plain old white)
- can beer (i use light)
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedges
How to Make Poor Man's Lobster (Haddock) w/ melted butter
- 1So easy. Mix beer with Old Bay, vinegar, & some salt & pepper in Dutch Oven or other large saucepan. Place haddock over top. Pour about a beer can full of water over top of haddock -- just enough to cover.
- 2Turn heat to boil & boil covered for 20 minutes over med heat.
- 3Remove haddock with large spatula & place on serving plate. Squeeze lemon juice over top. Serve with melted cups of butter. (Don't be alarmed if the haddock doesn't look beautiful when you take it out. Inside it's all nice & white & flaky).
- 4Just as I do w/ lobster tail, I like to flake the haddock pieces & then let them sit in my melted butter for a minute as I eat. Enjoy!