Pecan Breaded Orange Roughy
- 3 large
- orange roughy filets (cut in half lengthways)
- 2 c
- plain bread crumbs
- 1 c
- crushed pecans
- 1 c
- 2 large
- well beaten eggs
- 2 pinch
- blackened fish or cajun seasoning
- oil for frying - i use peanut or canola
How to Make Pecan Breaded Orange Roughy
- 1Pat fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides and rub into flesh.
- 2Pour enough oil for a depth of 1/2 inch into a heavy skillet. Heat the oil to medium high.
- 3In a bowl, combine crumbs, pecans and cornmeal; mix well.
- 4Dip the fish in egg on both sides. Then dip the fish into crumb mixture to completely coat on both sides.
- 5Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Fish should be flaky on inside. Serve hot.