Pecan Breaded Orange Roughy
3 largeorange roughy filets (cut in half lengthways)
2 cplain bread crumbs
1 ccrushed pecans
2 largewell beaten eggs
2 pinchblackened fish or cajun seasoning
·oil for frying - i use peanut or canola
How to Make Pecan Breaded Orange Roughy
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides and rub into flesh.
- Pour enough oil for a depth of 1/2 inch into a heavy skillet. Heat the oil to medium high.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, pecans and cornmeal; mix well.
- Dip the fish in egg on both sides. Then dip the fish into crumb mixture to completely coat on both sides.
- Fry in oil until browned on both sides. Fish should be flaky on inside. Serve hot.