How to Make Pâte Au Saumon (Potato Salmon Pie)
- 1Drain salmon broth from can. Bone and clean salmon; break into small pieces.
- 2Saute onions in butter until transparent; set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, mix mashed potatoes, salmon, cooked onions and seasoning. Cool to room temperature.
- 4While mixture is cooling, prepare pie dough.
- 5Transfer potato salmon mixture to pie shell. Brush edge of dough with egg wash and cover with top crust.
- 6Seal edges and brush pie with egg wash. Don't brush edges; it will brown too much during the baking. Cut slits and cook at 400F (220C) for about 25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- 7Serve with green salad and pickles.