2 ccanned salmon
3 cmashed potatoes
1/2 conions, finely chopped
1/4 tspsavory, optional
·pie dough for two crusts (homemade or purchased)
How to Make Pâte Au Saumon (Potato Salmon Pie)
- Drain salmon broth from can. Bone and clean salmon; break into small pieces.
- Saute onions in butter until transparent; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix mashed potatoes, salmon, cooked onions and seasoning. Cool to room temperature.
- While mixture is cooling, prepare pie dough.
- Transfer potato salmon mixture to pie shell. Brush edge of dough with egg wash and cover with top crust.
- Seal edges and brush pie with egg wash. Don't brush edges; it will brown too much during the baking. Cut slits and cook at 400F (220C) for about 25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with green salad and pickles.