Parmesan-Red Pepper Fish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This spicy, crispy and flaky fried fish was a hit at my dinner table! I served it on a bed of rice, a twist of lemon and a side of seasoned broccoli. I seasoned with Cajun seasonings and it was the perfect meal.
I did fry over a med/high heat (this wasn't indicated in the recipe) and I added the fish fillets only after the butter and pan were hot enough to fry the fish. The Test Kitchen
1/3 call-purpose flour
1/3 cPanko bread crumbs
1/3 cgrated Parmesan cheese
1 tspcrushed red pepper
1/4 tspground black pepper
2-4mahi mahi (or other white fish) fillets
How to Make Parmesan-Red Pepper Fish
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls: in the first put the flour.
- In the second, put the milk.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, crushed red pepper, pepper, and salt in the third bowl.
- Coat the fillets with the flour, then the milk, and then the bread crumbs-Parmesan mixture.
- Press the mixture into the fish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and sauté fillets until golden brown and flesh flakes easily.